Thursday, June 4, 2009

Full Circle

Twas many moons ago that young Peter Raffin performed a 180 nose grind on this hubba ledge, and had the sequence run in Slap Magazine. I vividly recall watching Peter skate through a pair of booze stained eyes and wondering what the future of his skating would be like.
Several years down the road, and we find ourselves in the very same location. I with my camera and Peter with his board, both living the only life we know...

...skateboarding. Lately I have witnessed many changes in my own life and the lives of those around me. I have felt the pressure of work and school intensify, and have seen the same pressure placed on those who skate for a living. The stakes are higher and and road is rougher for Mr. Raffin, but he will always have his true friends by his side. During these troubled times we huddle next to the warmth of carefree nights like these...(stay tuned for next Clog post).

No comments: