Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Smells I am Intrigued by


Fall smells better than all of the other seasons combined, pureed in a food processor, sprinkled with brown sugar, and baked to a perfect golden brown. Nothing compares to the scent of the crisp morning air, and freshly steamed pumpkin spiced lattes of fall. All these aromas are in abundance during this glorious season, however lately I have been confronted with some thought provoking smells (the below pictures are not of the actual event).



The first smell that presented itself to me was that of festering rain soaked dumpster filth. I took a shortcut to my class today and found a wonderful collection of trash cans and recycling bins that had been drenched by the torrential downpour the day before. The smell reminded me of a wet rotting dog carcass encased in old pizza boxes.



The second pungent aroma I encountered was at the Roosevelt Park mere hours ago. While gleefully rolling around on my skateboard I noticed a dark cloud of smoke engulfing my surroundings. After some investigating I discovered that the fog of filth was coming from a bbq fifty yards away. This particular grill session must have been fueled by plastic bottles and dried up feces because after an hour or so of exposure to the smoke I felt light headed and weak.

No comments: