Saturday, January 28, 2012

SNK all Day

Things like birthdays, potlucks, circumcisions, and going away parties always make me reflect on the friendships that I have made and held onto over the past decade or so. Many of my close friends I see on a regular bases, but others only seem to pop up in my life for a short time and then recede into the great unknown. I find myself urning for the days when The Cave was still in existence, or when Stink and Cho still took up residence in San Jose. I find myself urning for a time when gathering up a large collection of homies and wasting away the day doing jack shit wasn't just some lofty concept smothered by the reality of work and responsibility.



Quynh's going away party my have been one of the last great SNK gatherings I can recall. Just about everyone was in attendance, and dressed as if attending a wedding. I would like to highlight one man in particular from this photo, and that is Joseph Blas. His birthday party is happening tonight and chances are many key members of the SNK will not be present. Regardless of this fact, I do feel like he will have an amazing night. And that is because Joe is incapable of having a bad night. I love you Hyphy, rage your face off.

No comments: