Thursday, January 17, 2013

Old Dirt Unearthed

Of the things I regret doing in life, like going to prom, the one that trumps all others is buying and owning a Canon GL2.  What strange illogical portion of my brain did I use while making this camcorder purchase?  I do not recall getting some unheard of deal on my GL2.  If fact, I am almost certain a VX1000 would have been cheaper.  

Putting the filming knowledge I now have aside for a moment, I do recall having many great times with my Canon GL2.  I captured some priceless moments, some incredible tricks (most of which would have probably looked better through the lens of a VX), and even made a couple mediocre videos.  

I have recently been digging deeper and deeper into the archives to find hidden gems.  Perhaps like dwarfs in a Tolkien novel digging too far into the mountains of Middle-Earth, I have tunneled too deep into the Archives, and unearthed something dark and evil.  Or maybe I have just discovered a treasure trove of intriguing footage, unfortunately filmed with a shitty camera.  


"Don't you just hate it when you're trying to skate, but you can't concentrate because you have Brotha Lynch lyrics in your head."  - Cody Wayne.     

No comments: