Thursday, April 9, 2015

One More for the Road

A while back I discovered why, as people grow older, they become increasingly more bitter and unreceptive to the world around them.  I came to this particular revelation after my local Hollywood Video closed its doors and I could no longer peruse the vast selection of films until something caught my eye.  I felt a tinge of resentment towards the modern world for robbing me of one of my favorite activities.  I then realized that after decades of similar unfortunate occurrences one transforms into a Scrooge like version of their former self.  Over time a person's spirit erodes like a cliff consistently being berated by the pesky sea.  Huge tragic events do not break down the human spirit, it is little things, like the closing of a video store or perhaps your favorite bar.
I was frightened by what I had learned about the human race but also relieved that I had recognized the issue early on.  These photos may not be the cure, but they sure do ease the pain.
            























However, after I learned that Bukowski already wrote about this type of thing in, "The Shoelace," I felt a little less special.  But I still love these damn photos.  
Photo credit should be paid to Lane Kerans, myself, and others.

No comments: