Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Having Withdrawals

Muscle aches, nausea, vomiting, tremors, insomnia... all tell tale signs of heavy Redlands withdrawal. Each night for the past week I have woken up in a cold sweat, somewhat out of breathe, and not completely sure why I am sleeping in my own room and not the spare bedroom at Austin's. My alarm then proceeds to scream incessantly at me while I struggle to free myself from the boa constrictor-esque grip of my blankets. In the end all of this unfortunately turns out to be quite real, and before I know it I am churning out lattes and warming up scones.
Quitting Redlands cold turkey is notoriously hard to do, which is why I am lucky enough to have a few poorly filmed clips of skateboarding and mayhem to ease the process. After reminiscing on the good times spent down South a week ago, I edited the footage to an obscure Tom Waits song and slapped it onto the Clog. Enjoy this little cinematographic chestnut while I cry myself to sleep.



No comments: