Wednesday, December 24, 2014

The Demon Baker of 13th Street

I have always been fond of the film, Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.  I think it might have something to do with the films subject matter, that includes decapitation, cannibalism, revenge and meat pies.

While Sweeney Todd's throat slitting is indeed amusing, it is Mrs. Lovett's (who I have to assume is a distant relative of Jon Lovitz) 


use of human flesh as meat pie filing that truly peaks my interest.



This holiday season I am honoring the wonderful Mrs. Lovett by baking some meat pies of my own.


There are several delightful flavors like ground pork and mashed potato.


Try the ham, broccoli, and cheddar for breakfast!


Lastly we have here steak and mushroom filing that is cooked in ale and spices.

Christmas is almost upon us, so place your orders before I am too drunk off eggnog to operate a rolling pin.  Merry Christmas!

No comments: