Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Take the Red Pill, not the "Chill" Pill

My short lived high school journalism career peaked in excellence with the first, and only, article I wrote. The topic addressed in this article is an activity that, at the time, I felt was both unhealthy and somehow rapidly gaining mainstream appeal. Upon its release the article sparked school-wide controversy, and shortly after was deemed juvenile and unimportant to current school issues. Needless to say, I was let go from the journalism department several weeks later because of what my teacher called, "a lack of work ethic and poor use of class time." Whether this was the actual reason, or because my ideas were just too subversive and ahead of their time is unimportant. The real issue still centers around the harmful effects of "chilling." Are these troubles still as prevalent today as they were seven years ago? Read the following article, then decide for yourself.

No comments: