Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It Needs to Start Somewhere

The advent calendar is similar to Pandora's Box, in that upon opening, all the chaos of the holidays is unleashed upon frightened consumers.
If I am opening Pandora's Box, chocolate better be involved in some way. Let's light this candle!
I know that winter is in full swing when the pumpkin spice latte is replaced by the wretched peppermint mocha.
Luckily I have these two to whisk me away to the Los Gatos Christmas parade, where the bands play loud and sangria flows like water down a mountainside.
Rain or shine my friends.
You would think after the first time he would have learned his lesson.
The Stanford band comes to Tommy's after the parade to play a little private show for loyal patrons/scumbags, and year after year, always manage to play a cover of one of my favorite Paul Simon songs. The combination of music and location always raise my spirits. Celebration Ale helps too.
Dale has never been featured on The Clog. Dale has probably never read or even heard of The Clog. The Clog has featured Celebration Ale, and Dale has served me Celebration Ale. It is about damn time this man's face found its way onto The Clog. Some things were just meant to be.
This guy grabbed a gourd and chanted so incoherent nonsense about "dope." Apparently weed saves lives.

1 comment:

Avril Calderwood said...

Have I told you lately how much I love you and your clog! In the spirit of Charles Dickens - When high on the walls you have twined the green holly, let music resound and let all be most jolly! Thanks for hanging up our lights and making our house most jolly.