Saturday, December 24, 2011

The 12 Days of Clogmas: Day 9 (yes I am well aware that by the time I finish this post it will literally be Christmas)

On the ninth day of Christmas,
The Clog gave to me
Nine stollen slices.

Have I failed miserably at providing Clog patrons with meaningful and entertaining posts coinciding with the twelve days leading up to Christmas? I don't think so, because by my count there are still twenty four hours and nine minutes left for me to squeeze in three days worth of Clog presents.



It has come to my attention that it has been quite some time since I have dedicated a post to baking. Do not take this as a sign of me slacking off, because there has been plenty of epic baking sessions going down lately. Today I deliver to you nine slices of stollen, which is a German Christmas bread filled with fruit nuts and other lovely flavors. It is dusted with powdered sugar and looks like a snow covered worm. How can one be certain that this loaf was actually cut into nine slices? Well, how can one be certain of anything these days!

No comments: